Hi, I’m Andy.
I’ve been on an incredible journey to better physical, mental, and spiritual health.
In April 2015, my ex-wife left me. The next day, I found out that a very dear friend of mine died due to complications from childbirth. The baby was fine, thankfully.
1.5 months later, my father died of leukemia after three weeks in hospice.
My entire world was rocked. The hopes and dreams that I had for my own future and the shared one with my wife were gone. I had to start over.
Better physical health
At the time that all of this had happened, I had already quit smoking. I started a walking practice, and my diet wasn’t perfect but not as awful as it had been.
A month later, I started running, boxing, and eating clean, real foods 80% of the time while treating myself to whatever I wanted the other 20% of the time.
I lost 35 pounds and got into the best shape of my life. I went from being a sedentary smoker with an awful diet to running half-marathons and a full marathon. I also tried rock-climbing, hiking, biking, and anything else fun that allowed me to move around.
Better mental health
I had started a meditation practice shortly before my ex-wife left. After I buried my father, I resumed the practice of ten minutes a day.
Meditating helped me create consciousness. First, I noticed when I took my focus off the breath.
Then, I noticed certain patterns that I had. The biggest one being that I would automatically assume people would tell me “no” or give me a negative response if I asked for something. My perception was my reality.
I started noticing more and more patterns that were untrue. I gave myself therapy and slowly built up the courage to break through each one of them.
This allowed me to build a new community and make new friends through various running and fitness groups.
It also allowed me to discover that I had suffered from attachment trauma when I was a toddler, before I had the ability for conscious awareness or memory.
The trauma is something that has run my life, and since then, I’ve been able to reverse it through reparenting and working with a trauma-informed therapist. It is still a work in progress.
I have been able to reverse many of my symptoms of anxiety, depression, and addiction. I quit smoking on December 18, 2014 and quit drinking on January 26, 2020.
Better spiritual health
Through meditation and being in nature, I have improved my spiritual connection to the higher power/higher order of things which we are all part of. I was raised Jewish but don’t believe that there is one path to the truth. There are many.
Everyone has their own truth. Everyone has their own reality. However, we are all on this planet and all connected on the same journey.
There are times where we need to turn inward and connect with ourselves. There are times we need to turn outward and connect with each other.
Knowing that I am a part of something larger than myself, and that it is supporting me, lets me know that I’m not alone and makes me feel more secure in the world.
I can help you with self-healing
I am not a guru. I am not an expert. I don’t know better than you do what your needs are.
I have been on a journey that has made me feel better than I ever thought was possible.
I was blocked. I was traumatized. I was trapped in a cycle that I couldn’t get out of. I managed to get lucky enough to find my way out.
In addition to tapping into my own inner knowing to heal myself, I also used resources, including therapists, podcasts, and people on social media, to help light the way for me to heal myself.
You can heal yourself too, and I hope to help light the way for you to do that.
Consume my content. Listen to my story. See if it resonates. Hopefully it helps light your way and make your path a bit easier.
If there’s something you know I can help you with now, feel free to contact me.