Digital Transformations for Nonprofits
I spent 11 years of my career being involved in digital transformations for nonprofits. I performed various roles with increased responsibilities as time went on.
Project Management Institute Educational Foundation
I began as a scholarship program administrator and grew into a digital marketing specialist, website content manager and analyst. Accomplishments included:
- Serving as staff technical expert and content management lead for website redesign, development, and migration from flat HTML files to Sitecore CMS.
- Creating social media sites on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Migrating email marketing from the parent company broadcast software to Constant Contact and created the new email newsletter.
- Transforming the website and implementation of social and email marketing resulted in increased website engagement.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
As the marketing team’s website and email marketing manager, I designed and developed web properties and email newsletter templates, managed the work of copywriters and graphic designers for web and email projects, and use analytics reports to inform web strategy. Accomplishments included:
- Serving as technical project manager for the development of the rebranded and redesigned WordPress website in collaboration with a digital agency.
- Helping create a robust content marketing program by designing and developing e-newsletters and landing pages. The main e-newsletter became the third highest source of web traffic behind organic search and direct traffic. It had an average open rate of 23% and click-through rate of 4%.
- Implementing HubSpot as the new marketing CRM to more easily tie specific email, social, and search engine marketing campaigns to lead and donation conversions.
- Altogether, the website transformation and content marketing program reinvigorated the brand and increased website visits by 25%, new visitors by 30%, and event registrations by 28%.
I am currently a contract front-end developer for Dudnyk, a pharma marketing agency in the Philly suburbs. I work on websites, email templates, and banner ads for companies that specialize in treating rare diseases.
Because of confidentiality, I can't show off my work. I can say that I'm learning quite a bit in a brand new industry, and I love being on a team with other developers. It's nice to be off the island, and I don't ever want to be a solo developer at an organization again. I will still take on smaller solo freelance projects.
Freelance and Volunteer Web Development Work
Jazz With Aloha
Math Corps Philly
- Expert in WordPress, content manager in Drupal and Sitecore
- Foundation and Bootstrap
- SASS CSS
- Git via GitHub, Bitbucket and Beanstalk
- NPM and Gulp
- Playing with React via Gatsby
- Waterfall and agile project management
- Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and AWeber
- Google Analytics
- HubSpot CRM
- Facebook Business Manager
- Sketch and Photoshop
- Google Web Designer
Get in Touch
Questions? Comments? Have a project you need help with? Fill out the form below.